Let The Covenant moving company handle the big stuff so you can focus on the things that are important to you. After a move, there are many things that need to be done to make you feel right at home in your new house. Here is a list of items that will help you get settled.
1) Don’t forget to fill out a change of address form with the post office.
2) Remember to start utilities in your name. Water, electric, gas, sewer, telephone, cable and internet commonly require a phone call to get started but it’s also possible to do them online.
3) It’s important to secure your new home. The previous resident probably gave copies of keys to family members, so you may want to change your locks. You may also want to reprogram your garage door opener. If your home is equipped with a security system this would be a good time to call and activate it.
4) Take this time as an opportunity to check your smoke detectors and other home safety devices. Don’t forget to check the expiration dates on your fire extinguishers.
5) Find your homes electrical breaker box and also locate your main water shut off. This may save you a lot of headache in the future.
Finally, go explore your new area. Let Covenant Moving carry the big stuff while you find the hospital, post office and bank in your new town.